Welcome to the January 2008 issue of The TRIZ Journal!
By Katie Barry, Ellen Domb and Michael S. Slocum
Happy New Year! It was one year ago that we re-designed The TRIZ Journal. We hope that you are taking advantage of the expanded features and capabilities. Do not forget to check back frequently throughout the month for new commentaries, discussion forum posts, new events and job listings. Reading the articles is only one aspect of The TRIZ Journal's offerings!
If this issue is any indication, we look forward to publishing a year's worth of interesting and challenging TRIZ articles.
- Improving supply chain efficiency is of importance across all industries. Read about the case of a forklift distributor's challenges for lessons in efficient collaboration.
- Last January, Gennady Retseptor shared the 40 inventive principles for customer satisfaction enhancement. This year he returns with a look at the inventive principles embedded in early literature.
- Abram Teplitskiy's Student Corner articles on logic continues with an in-depth look at dialectic logic.
- The beginning of a new year seems an appropriate time to return to the topic of forecast evaluation. Will We Stop Reading by 2050?
- The relationship between Roberto Oros di Bartini and TRIZ is explored in the Physico-Mathematical Search of Resources.
- The TRIZ Home Page in Japan was updated on December 23rd.
- The 2nd Annual Open Innovation event is coming up February 26-27, 2008, in Las Vegas. The TRIZ Journal's readers may take advantage of a 10 percent discount (until January 11) on registration by quoting "TRIZ Journal."
- The 5th Annual Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) conference follows in Las Vegas March 5-6, 2008. The TRIZ Journal's readers may take advantage of a 10 percent discount (until January 25) on registration by quoting "TRIZ Journal."
Until February, happy TRIZ reading!
About the Authors:
Katie Barry is the editor of RealInnovation.com. Contact Katie Barry at editor (at) realinnovation.com or visit http://www.realinnovation.com.
Ellen Domb is the founder and principal TRIZ consultant of the PQR Group. She is also the founding editor of The TRIZ Journal and a commentator for Real Innovation. Contact Ellen Domb at ellendomb (at) trizpqrgroup.com or visit http://www.trizpqrgroup.com.
Michael S. Slocum, Ph.D., is the principal and chief executive officer of The Inventioneering Company. Contact Michael S. Slocum at michael (at) inventioneeringco.com or visit http://www.inventioneeringco.com.
Copyright © 2006-2011
– RealInnovation.com, CTQ Media. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction Without Permission Is Strictly Prohibited –
Publish an Article: Do you have a innovation
tip, learning or case study?
with the largest community of Innovation
professionals, and be recognized by your peers.
great way to promote your expertise and/or build your resume.
Read more about submitting an article.